Since the early ‘90s, we have supplied linen fabrics to the leading clothing and home textiles manufacturers & brands, as well as fabric wholesalers, retailers, and hobby/crafts customers. Our linen fabrics are suitable for making various items such as kitchen textiles, table clothing, curtains, apparel, linen accessories, crafts, upholstery, and many more. Keep in mind that by choosing linen fabrics from Baltic Flax you are choosing the fabrics that are made from European flax, finished to the highest standards in Lithuania, and are certified under these quality marks:
- STANDART 100 by OEKO-TEX® (2017OK0319 AITEX), guaranteeing that only non-toxic materials are used to produce linen fabric.
- EUROPEAN FLAX® Standard (BVFR10502602), ensuring that each step of premium linen fiber is traceable.
LINEN FABRICS FROM STOCK
We keep most of our standard off-white and natural linen fabrics in stock together with a collection of basic colors. We have no minimum quantity for fabrics from stock, you can buy from 1 meter on our online shop, however, if you would buy at least one roll, you would receive a special wholesale price. 1 roll is aproximatelly 50 meters.
DYED LINEN FABRICS
Collection of basic colors is available from our stock, you can see the colors here or order our sample book. Custom colors are available as well.
The minimum order for custom color is 200 m (if ordering 5 different colors) or 400 m if ordering only 1 color.
DIGITAL PRINTING ON LINEN
Digital printing on linen is the best option to create remarkable designs in small quantities and of extraordinary quality. Choose from our available printed fabrics on the website or print your own design.
Digital printing is possible only on fabrics with width up to 155 cm.
LINEN FABRIC SOFTENING
There are several fabric softening options available:
- Mechanical softening – similar to stone washing, it leaves a soft, textured touch and fabric looks the same as stonewashed. This process is recommended for larger amounts of fabric. The minimum quantity is 200 m.
- Silk softening – a special treatment that makes linen fabric a little shiny, glossy, and smooth. The minimum quantity is 400 m.
- Stonewashing – leaves fabric fluffy and soft. It is used for small batches and done in special washing machines, therefore is more expensive, compared to the usual fabric softening. The maximum quantity is 10 m.
SUSTAINABILITY OF LINEN FABRICS
85% of flax suitable for weaving is grown in Europe and treated according to all European Union sustainability regulations. No additional water is required to grow flax there (unlike cotton), no harmful pesticides are used. All our linen fabrics are OEKO-TEX®certified. You can read more about linen fabric sustainability in our article on linen sustainability.
Interested in Linen Fabrics?
We are happy to answer your questions!